Saturday, August 27, 2011

“Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower...”

I need a stitchervention. I just totally made that word up and I don't care. I'm that tired. Rudy's first day of kindergarten did not go as well as I'd hoped. When the teacher comes up to you and asks if it is ok to be "a little stern," I take it as a red flag. OK, maybe not red, but definately a deep shade of pink. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day for my little guy. It tugs at my heart and I don't like being sad and worried all day. I also have a sneaking suspicion that his Grandma is ready at any moment to sweep in and homeschool him at the School for Spoiled and Overfed Grandchildren. Now taking applications.


On a more uplifting note, I ordered a charm pack and some yardage in order to make this cute table runner. I can't wait for the fabric to arrive! Why? Because I'm also super excited about Stitched in Color's Celebrate Color contest! Yippee! Sewing and fabric and fall! Check out my super cute new button to the right of this post. Stiched in color says: "join us as we celebrate the colors of fall with inspiration, tutorials, contests and prizes during the months of September, October and November.  Because color inspires us all, Celebrate Color is for fiber artists of all kinds:  embroidery, crochet, knitting, quilting, home decor, clothing and any kind of wearable. Start thinking of what fall means to you, and celebrate with projects in full color!"


And because it seriously took me 3 days to finish this blog post (don't judge), I can show off my first fall project. Just finished him a little while ago. I have actually made this owl before, but I gave him away. I thought it would be the perfect fall project. It is very autumn-like outside my window right now, and I am loving it. This owl pincushion is for my swap partner, and I'm excited to get him in the mail.


On another positive note, Rudy is doing better as he transitions into kindergarten. Hooray for wonderful teachers and family support. Sometimes people ask me why we stayed in our little town. Above is just a couple of reasons...

No comments: