Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tie one on (an apron, of course)!

When I find a pattern I love, I tend to use it over and over again. I can't even remember how many multi-tasker totes I've sewn up. Probably enough that some would consider it a problem. Anywho, I was lucky enough to take an apron class around Christmas. The pattern was the Emmaline Apron from Sew Liberated. Ahhhh, pure awesome. Reasoning? It is reversible, for starters. The lines on the apron are flattering. It has a gathered bodice! And although I have a weird aversion to all things binding tape, I pushed through and made the straps. 


This is the bodice piece for the oilcloth side. I sewed a beautiful strip of ribbon from AMH's collection across the top bodice piece. 

The oilcloth side of the Emmaline.

The cotton side of the apron.  I. Love. This. Fabric.

3 comments:

House of Pinheiro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
House of Pinheiro said...

Jenny, Hi !!!

Megan said...

cool idea to use the oil cloth for an apron. really well done!