Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Won't you take me to Funky Town?

All this rain is starting to put me in a funk. I don't like being in a funk. Apparently this funk is a family affair, as my toddler is also in some sort of baby funk, my kindergartner is not quite himself, my third grader is certainly out of sorts and my husband is acting like my kindergartner.

I just want to stay home all day and dink around the house. I have all these awesome sewing ideas for Celebrate Color, but I'm finding that I don't have enough time. I want to make a bold Halloween table runner for my kitchen table (as soon as I find it), and I actually did get started on it. So that's something... Oh, and I want to make a big fat stuffed pumpkin. I just love fat pumpkins.

Messing around with my Halloween fabric


I also want to make a new pillow for my sad, sad sofa. People will notice the awesome pillow and not the sorry state of my sofa, right? I bought all the fabric at the Calico Whale, and was just about to jump in when I decided that I needed a different red. So... I am now waiting for an order from Fabric Worm. This pillow is going to be my first entry for September in the above contest. At least, it will be, if I actually get started on it.

Ummm, yeah. Reading through intimidating directions.

When I get in these funks, it is usually because I feel like I'm doing a million things, and none of them well. Last night I had great plans-I was going to sew on this and cut that...instead I sat on the sofa and watched Teen Mom while eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Total Funk. And FYI-Teen Mom is not the most uplifting show. I should have just thrown in one of my Sex in the City DVDs.

I did manage to knock out a cute little Tooth Fairy pillow (get it? knock out?) for Samantha. She was worried about her tooth falling out of bed. A valid concern, as her room is so messy that it would never, ever be found again. I found this cute little tutorial, and an hour later I had the pillow hanging off her bedpost. Helpful for the Fairy as well, for she no longer has to teeter on the edge of the ladder leading up to the loft while precariously trying to slide a tooth out from under a pillow with the same hand that holds the Sacagawea golden dollar coin (cause it looks like pirate booty). 







4 comments:

glass mermaid said...

Life as we all know it! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only resident of Funky Town. Misery loves company, you know. We'll just have to look forward to the rain stopping...someday.

Carolyn said...

Oh didnt ya know I am the Mayor of
Funky Town. Too many times I also
sit on the couch and watch t.v. and not sew. Hope you get to feeling better. It will pass. I love the colors in your fall table runner. Fall is my favorite time.
That is a very cute Tooth Fairy pillow that you made. See that is something positive you did. Have a good weekend.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Everything starts with plans, but I sure know what you mean about having too many pots in the fire!