I've been sewing away on my blocks for this week's Rockin' Robbin tutorial, but I've also been goofing around with some fun fabric flowers. I love attaching flowers to all things that will let me. This includes my children. I've been using Clovers's flower frill template. It comes in 4 different sizes and is really easy to use.
My beloved Elna traveled 600 miles round trip to get serviced in Anchorage. It is now home and looks amazingly clean, but I can't use it! My power cord apparently only traveled 300 miles. It is now in the mail, so I dug out my old Brother XR-31. This is machine I sewed with ten years ago, and it is still going strong. Certainly not the same as my Elna, but at least I was able to continue working on the quilt along. I will certainly be checking the mail today!
I loved sewing all these stars! I was initially worried that my background was going to be too busy for the stars to really POP, so I grabbed a few extra pink, purple and blue scraps. I opted to keep my baby stars the same solid pink that I used for the 3D border in week one. I was afraid that keeping them scrappy would allow them to blend into my background. Obviously having some issues with overbearing backgrounds...
I finished up just in time for the block tutorial to come out (whew), so I'm heading over there now!
I think I would love to make a quilt with this row pattern! I love the combination of all the star sizes. My husband had issues with the 16 " star not fitting on the block. I tried to explain to him the concept of "scrappy" and that not every quilt has a distinct pattern. He wandered away confused.